As you may know, I decided to continue the tradition and do a list of all the things I wanted to do in 2016. It’s time to check which of those I managed to do so far, count my blessings and kick myself to do more.
- 🌙 Get another tattoo. – moon phases tat in white ink; oh yeaaah baby; it takes lots of care, but it’s really pretty and subtle
- 💰 Don’t buy a new product if I have a similar one at home with the same function and purpose. Even if it’s on sale. +
- 💳 Stop overspending. Really. I have almost all the things I need. More makeup is not justified because I already have tons at home. – these were hard ones and I didn’t always make it, but I pretty much managed to reel myself in more than I used to
- 💬 Learn a new language. – work in progress. I tried re-taking French, but it wasn’t meant to be so I starting learning German and LOVING IT
✎ Post at least once a week on the blog. – I think I did. *think*
- ✈ Travel more and go out more. -work in progress; I’m trying to leave my shell and go out more and interact more with people. As for traveling, I’ve already got planned visiting Finland this autumn (hopefully I’ll manage to catch the aurora borealis) and I’m thinking of going to London this winter.
- 📚 Complete my Goodreads Reading Challenge. -I’m already ahead of schedule and I’m so proud of myself. Coming from a person who used to eat books on bread like jam, I just find it really hard to find a book I like now. Maybe I’m too picky.
- 🙋 Surround myself with people who are worth it. It’s not healthy to belittle myself for people who refuse to grow up no matter our history together. -Let me tell you, surrounding yourself with the right people for you does make a difference. Toxic people can do a lot of damage and you only get one life.
- 💍 F*ck what people think and do my thing. – bitchy Diana time makes me happy
- 💆 Take care of my skin – I now have a skincare routine. I don’t hold it every night as I should because I am very tired, but I do it at least a few times a week and my skin looks best.
- 😪 Try not to leave the house with my pillowface on. – aka take care how I look like when I leave the house. Looking good is real confidence booster let me tell you.
- 💼 Find a new job
These are some of the things I managed to do so far. Still have a long way to go, but for now I’m happy with the results. Following my dreams and keeping tabs on what I want to do has helped me be happier and at peace with myself.