I don’t know if you’ve seen the video where a girl packs over 100 items in a tiny carry-on. If you haven’t, let me resume it for you and add some useful hints I use.
Where has this been all my life?
- Use packing cubes. They usually are quite expensive in stores, but you can hunt for cheaper alternatives. I already own a set of pink packing cubes from ebay which were ~$7 for 6 pieces. This is a good example:
2. Roll clothes to save space. This is how they do it in the army. I usually roll my towels because they occupy less space this way.
3. Aside from packing cubes, ziplock bags are also a good alternative for lighter clothes.
4. Stuff your socks in your shoes. This way you’ll save space and the shoes will keep their shape.
5. Use rubber bands to tie up shoes. I personally don’t find the need for this, but it might come in handy with smaller pairs like flip-flops.
6. Pick light fabric clothes over heavy ones.
7. Put the heavier items on the bottom of the carry-on.
8. Enjoy your trip now that you’ve fit everything in your bag!
Do you have any other useful hints so we packing addicts can manage to leave with half our wardrobe on our trips?